Monday, July 13, 2009

Back on the mat...

After a far too-long injury imposed break, I finally got my ass, and face...and every other bodypart back on the mat to train at the Aikikai Hombu Dojo in Shinjuku...



Where I was greeted by this rare-for-Tokyo sunset on the Shinjuku skyline:

I can tell already that it is going to take some time before my ankles are used to the stress/pain placed on them from sitting in Seiza for prolonged periods. It sucks getting old....but it feels good to be back in to train. Now if my right shoulder will just hold up, or better yet, get *better* from the 'therapeutic' effects of "knocking the dust off of the joints" that comes from Aikido as O-Sensei used to say.

Speaking of Aikido, here are a couple of pics I took a couple years ago at the 45th Annual Aikido Demonstration:


No comments: